Saturday, November 1, 2008

Premier League, Ronaldo eager to silence boo-boys

Saturday 1st November 2008 :


Cristiano Ronaldo is out to silence the Manchester United fans who still insist on booing the Red Devils superstar.


The dynamic Portugal international angered a section of the Old Trafford faithful by making no secret of his desire to move to Real Madrid over the summer, a transfer that eventually fell by the wayside.
The jeers are reminiscent of the hostile reaction Ronaldo faced when he returned from the 2006 World Cup after being involved in Wayne Rooney's controversial red card, not to mention his now infamous wink to the Portugal bench.Despite the reactions from some supporters, Ronaldo is determined to win over his critics."A part of the supporters show themselves to be unhappier than others. But I hope to change their minds," the 24-yearold said."When I put on the United shirt I give my maximum. Nobody can condemn me on this."I hope it will be similar to when I came back to England after the 2006 World Cup and I can win the fans back."Many thought it was United manager Sir Alex Ferguson who had wrecked the potential Real deal, yet Ronaldo insists it was his decision alone to stay at The Theatre of Dreams.
"Nobody can convince me about anything. Since I was young I've had to make decisions, I make them alone.
"I want to win more at this club. If the boss thinks I have to stay on the bench I respect that, even if it's difficult."

No comments: