Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Asia Cup , Tanvir: I am an allrounder now


Sohail Tanvir said he was happy he got a match winning knock under his belt and is now ready to be branded an all rounder.

"I was looking for an innings like this. I am happy I am an all rounder now. I can brand myself one now," Tanvir told STAR CRICKET after the match.
The left arm bowler joined Fawad Alam at the crease when his side were tottering at 160-7 and departed after adding 56 runs to the total. His record partnership with Alam propelled Pakistan to 288-8, a more than challenging total against an inexperienced Hong Kong.
Tanvir then came back to bag three wickets for 22 runs, bowling with a lot of venom.
Speaking of his crucial partnership with Alam, he said: "Fawad and I got as many as we could. I told him we need to score in singles for the next 10 overs."
Tanvir was clealrly ecsatic with his performance. "When I first came to international cricket,I was bowling well but was struggling with the bat. I am happy I delivered today."
Experts have repeatedly hailed Tanvir as a talented all rounder, waiting to explode.
Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram was happy with Tanvir's showing. He told STAR CRICKET: "I am happy with the way he batted. I hope he continues this way. He surely has the talent."

No comments: